In this 3 day course, teachers will experience inspirational and creatively empowering language-learning tasks that promote Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), which are key skills for the 21st century learner.
From 8.30am until 12.00pm
At University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland
Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz FHNW Campus Olten /Riggenbachstrasse 16 4600 Olten
Institute of Further Education - FHNW
What if the English language classroom and the experience it affords can make a real difference to our learners’ lives, so that not only are they developing their English language skills, but also being supported in their personal growth and development through the process of learning English?
Through an experiential learning approach, teachers are presented with a dual-purpose approached based on positive psychology scientifically supported tools and techniques that foster SEL. Linguistically, while lessons appear simple and unassuming on the surface, they have the ability to deeply and meaningfully engage both you and your learners, providing a connected, rich and personalised language learning and teaching experience.
During these 3 half-day sessions teachers will:
- Understand the impact of SEL today
- Personally try out and experience proposed tools and techniques
- Implement ready-made lesson plans with their learners
- Reflect and report on the teaching and learning process
- Day One - 4th September, 2021 - Olten, Switzerland
- Day Two - 18th September, 2021 - Online
- Day Three - 25th September, 2021 - T.B.C
There are 20 places available.